Easy, light and refreshing apricot glazed salmon is a delightful summer weeknight dinner. The sweetness of the jam on the salmon paired with the nutty, herby rice makes for a new take on your traditional salmon dinner. We used rosé in this recipe and found we had enough to have with the salmon when the cook was finished, talk about a win-win!
- 4 salmon fillets (4 oz each)
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- ⅓ cup white or rosé wine (can substitute chicken broth)
- ⅓ cup apricot preserves or jam
- ½ tsp fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 cup long-grain brown rice
- ¼ cup chopped dried apricots
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp chives, chopped
- 1 tsp minced fresh thyme or ¼ tsp dried thyme
- 3 tbsp sliced almonds
- Pat salmon dry, salt and pepper each fillet on all sides. In a small bowl combine butter, wine, apricot preserves and ginger. Spread over each salmon fillet, vacuum-seal the fillets, and place in a Suvie pan. Fill pan with enough water to cover the salmon and insert into upper right zone of Suvie.
- Add rice to the starch pan and insert into starch zone. Fill reservoir, enter cook settings and cook now or schedule.
My Cook > Multi-Zone Settings
Protein: 125 degrees for 45 minutes
Vegetable: 0 minutes
Starch: 35 minutes
- After the cook remove the pans from Suvie. Drain the water from the salmon pan. Remove salmon from vacuum-sealed bag.
- Pour rice into a large mixing bowl. Add in dried apricots, parsley, chives, thyme, and sliced almonds. To serve divide rice between plates and top with a piece of salmon.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 417, Total Fat 7.3g, Total Carbohydrates 60g, Total Sodium 281mg, Total Protein 25.4g