Let Suvie deliver all the flavors of Greece with this delicious meal. A salad of tender orzo, crunchy cucumber, tangy feta, briny olives, and red onion form the base of this dish with Suvie’s own wild salmon fillets as the main attraction. A side of blistered cherry tomatoes add a burst of sweetness to this savory, salty meal. If desired, farro can be substituted for the orzo, simply increase the starch cooking time to 35 minutes.
Greek Salmon with Orzo Salad
- 2 (4 oz) salmon filets, vacuum sealed
- 6 oz cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 oz orzo
- ¼ cup crumbled feta
- ¼ cup mixed olives, chopped
- 2 tbsp finely chopped red onion
- ½ cucumber, chopped
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 1 lemon
- ½ cup fresh dill or mint leaves, chopped
1) Place salmon in a Suvie pan, cover with water, and insert into the top right zone of your Suvie. Place cherry tomatoes in a second Suvie pan, drizzle with olive oil, and season with ½ tsp kosher salt. Insert cherry tomatoes into the top left zone of your Suvie. Place orzo in a starch pan and insert into your Suvie. Fill reservoir, input settings, and cook now or schedule.
My Cook > Multi-Zone Settings
Protein: 130°F for 1 hour
Vegetable: 0 minutes
Starch: 14 minutes
2) After the cook, remove salmon and orzo from your Suvie. Broil tomatoes for 10 minutes, rotating pan halfway through cooking.
3) Transfer orzo to a large bowl with feta, olives, red onion, cucumber, and oregano. Zest lemon over the orzo and the cut lemon in half and juice 1 lemon half over the orzo. Season orzo to taste with salt, pepper, and olive oil.
4) Remove salmon from packaging and pat dry. Divide orzo salad, tomatoes, and salmon between two plates and serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 590, Total Fat 26g, Total Carbohydrates 52g, Total Sodium 480mg, Total Protein 37g