Here’s three corn recipes that require almost no prep work. Each is a great side for almost any summertime meal. You can use leftover corn for each of these recipes if you have too much hanging around or you can cook it fresh.
1. Elote Corn
- 2 ears corn, shucked, cleaned, snapped in half
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- ⅓ cup crumbled cotija cheese
- ¼ cup freshly chopped cilantro
- Place corn in starch pan, cook for 10 minutes in the starch zone. Combine chili powder, cotija and cilantro on a plate, cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- When cook is completed, slather each ear with mayonnaise, and roll in prepared cotija cheese mixture.
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 bell pepper, seeded and diced
- ½ cup frozen lima beans
- ½ cup frozen okra
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 1 small tomato cored and chopped
- 1 tsp honey
- 1½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- ½ cup chicken stock
- Combine all ingredients in a Suvie pan. Slow cook on high for 1½ hours. Remove from Suvie and serve.
3. Corn Fritter
- ¼ cup cornmeal
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 2 scallions or ¼ cup chives, chopped
- ½ cup grated parmesan
- ⅓ cup cilantro, chopped
- ½ Sour cream, for garnish
- Grease a Suvie pan. Whisk together all ingredients except for the sour cream. Pour into prepared pan and slow cook for 1 hour.
- After the cook, remove pan from Suvie. Cut fritter into rectangles and serve with a dollop of sour cream.