General Tso’s is a classic takeout dish found throughout North America in Chinese restaurants. This delightfully sweet and spicy dish features juicy chunks of breaded chicken and hearty florets of broccoli atop a bed of white rice.
General Tso's Chicken
- 1-2 packets General Tso’s sauce
- 1-2 packages white rice
- 1-2 packages breaded chicken
- 1-2 packages broccoli
1) Place General Tso’s sauce in a bowl of hot water for 2-3 minutes to thaw. Place white rice package in the fridge to thaw.
2) Top Pan: Open chicken and place on a Suvie roasting rack (handles facing up) in a Suvie pan. Place chicken in the Top Zone of Suvie.
3) Bottom Pan: Before opening, tap broccoli package(s) against the countertop to break up any large pieces. Open broccoli package and add to a separate Suvie pan. Cut open General Tso’s sauce and pour on top of the broccoli. Place broccoli in the Bottom Zone of Suvie. Input settings and cook now or schedule. Be sure to select “Yes” when asked if cooking from frozen.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Roast at 325°F for 15 minutes for 2 people, or 20 minutes for 4
Top Zone: Roast at 375°F for 15 minutes for 2 people, or 20 minutes for 4
4) Remove both pans from Suvie. Carefully transfer the breaded chicken to the pan with broccoli and stir to coat with sauce. Return pan to the Top Zone of Suvie.
5) Remove the roasting rack from the pan that had the chicken. Cut open the package of white rice and add to the pan. Stir in 2 tbsp water(4 tbsp for 4 servings) and season to taste with salt. Place in the Bottom Zone of Suvie. Broil both pans for 10 minutes.
6) Remove both pans from Suvie. Fluff the white rice with a fork. Divide rice between plates and top with the General Tso’s chicken.
Nutritional Information per serving (2-4 servings per recipe): Calories 670, Total Fat 13g, Total Carbohydrates 90g, Total Sodium 1940mg, Total Protein 32g.