Our whole grain chicken teriyaki features juicy roast chicken breasts slathered in our rich and tangy teriyaki sauce. The chicken is served over a blend of sweet green peas and nutty brown rice and finished with a sprinkling of sesame seeds.
Meal Card: Whole Grain Chicken Teriyaki
- 2-4 Chicken Breasts
- 1-2 packages Brown Rice
- 1-2 packages Green Peas
- 1-2 packets Teriyaki Sauce
- 1-2 packets Sesame Seeds
1) Open chicken and place on the roasting rack (handles facing up) in a Suvie pan. Season with 1 tbsp (2 tbsp for 4 servings) olive oil, 1/4 tsp (1/2 tsp for 4 servings) salt and freshly ground pepper. Place chicken in the Top Zone of Suvie.
2) Before opening, tap brown rice and green pea packages against the countertop to break up any large pieces. Open brown rice and green peas packages and add to a separate Suvie pan. Season with 1 tbsp olive oil (2 tbsp for 4 servings), 1/2 tsp (1 tsp for 4 servings) salt and freshly ground pepper. Place rice and green peas in the Bottom Zone of Suvie.
3) Input settings and cook now or schedule. Be sure to select “Yes” when asked if cooking from frozen.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Roast at 325°F for 15 minutes for 2 servings (for 4 servings, Roast for 20 minutes)
Top Zone: Roast at 350°F for 27 minutes for 2 servings (for 4 servings, Roast for 37 minutes)
4) When the cook is complete, remove pans from Suvie and set aside chicken to rest for 4 minutes. Stir rice and green peas together and season to taste with salt. Divide between plates. After resting, divide the chicken between plates and drizzle with the teriyaki sauce. Garnish with sesame seeds and serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (2-4 servings per recipe): Calories 490, Total Fat 4.5g, Total Carbohydrates 61g, Total Sodium 850mg, Total Protein 48g.