Sweet and succulent sesame chicken is one of the best takeout dishes. Juicy chunks of breaded chicken are cooked to perfection and then stirred into a sweet sesame sauce and tender green beans.
Sesame Chicken with Green Beans & Rice
- 1-2 packet stir-fry sauce
- 1-2 packages white rice
- 1-2 packages breaded chicken
- 1-2 packages green beans
- 1-2 packets sesame seeds
1) Place stir fry sauce in a bowl of hot water for 2-3 minutes to thaw. Place white rice package in the fridge to thaw.
2) Top Pan: Open chicken and place on the roasting rack (handles facing up) in a Suvie pan. Place chicken in the Top Zone of Suvie
3) Bottom Pan: Before opening, tap green bean package against the countertop to break up any large pieces. Open green beans and add to a separate Suvie pan. Cut open stir fry sauce and pour on top of the green beans. Place green beans in the Bottom Zone of Suvie. Input settings and cook now. Be sure to select “Yes” when asked if cooking from frozen.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Roast at 325°F for 15 minutes for 2 people, or 20 minutes for 4
Top Zone: Roast at 375°F for 15 minutes for 2 people, or 20 minutes for 4
4) Remove both pans from Suvie. Carefully transfer the breaded chicken to the pan with green beans and stir to coat with the sauce. Return pan to Top Zone of Suvie. Remove the roasting rack from the pan that had the chicken. Cut open the package of white rice and add to the pan. Stir in 2 tbsp water (4 tbsp for 4 servings) and season to taste with salt. Place in the Bottom Zone of Suvie. Broil both pans for 10 minutes.
5) Remove both pans from Suvie. Fluff the white rice with a fork. Divide rice between plates and top with the Sesame Chicken. Garnish with the sesame seeds.
Nutritional Information per serving (2-4 servings per recipe): Calories 620, Total Fat 19g, Total Carbohydrates 80g, Total Sodium 1760mg, Total Protein 31g.