This cold and refreshing salad is the perfect summer meal. Tender soba noodles are mixed together with crisp fresh vegetables under a blanket of spicy peanut dressing and finished with a shower of sesame seeds and fresh cilantro leaves. This salad can be made in advance and enjoyed throughout the week, but we recommend adding the cilantro just before serving.
Cold Soba Salad with Spicy Peanut Dressing
- 4 ounces soba noodles
- ½ cup chunky peanut butter
- 3 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sriracha
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 (1 inch) piece ginger, grated
- 1 small red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 2 carrots, peeled into thin strips
- 1 Persian cucumber, cut into thin strips
- 4 large scallions, cut into thin rounds
- 1 small bunch cilantro
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
1) Place 4 oz soba noodles in the Suvie starch strainer set within the Suvie pasta pot (green handles). If soba noodles are too long, break ends to fit. Place lid on pot and place inside the Suvie Starch Cooker, ensuring pot is centered on the hotplate. Input settings and cook now.
Suvie Starch Cooker Settings
Pasta, 4 cups, 5 minutes
2) In a large bowl, whisk together ½ cup chunky peanut butter, 3 tbsp rice wine vinegar, 3 tbsp soy sauce, 2 tbsp sriracha, 1 tbsp honey, and 1 piece grated ginger, grated until smooth. Set aside.
3) Once the soba noodles have cooked, immediately remove from Suvie Starch Cooker, drain and run under cold water. In a large bowl, stir together drained noodles, 1 thinly sliced red bell pepper, 1 cup shredded red cabbage, 2 peeled carrots, and 4 thinly sliced scallions. Pour dressing over the noodles and stir to coat.
4) Divide salad between bowls and top with cilantro and sesame seeds.
Nutritional Information per serving (6 servings per recipe): Calories 240, Total Fat 11g, Total Carbohydrates 30g, Total Sodium 1030mg, Total Protein 10g.