Transport yourself to the Mediterranean with everyone’s favorite vegetarian sandwich! Tender pita breads are filled with juicy roasted tomatoes and crisp falafel patties. We top it all off with a cool and creamy tzatziki sauce.
Falafel Pita Sandwiches
- 1 packet – 2 packets Tzatziki Sauce
- 1 package – 2 packages Falafel Fritters
- 1 package – 2 packages Pita Bread
- 1 package – 2 packages Roasted Tomatoes
1) Top Pan Place tzatziki sauce in a bowl of hot water to thaw (or refrigerate if scheduling). Cut open falafel package and place falafel on the Suvie roasting rack (handles facing up) set within a Suvie pan. Place falafel in the Top Zone of Suvie.
2) Bottom Pan Open package with pita bread and wrap tightly in aluminum foil. Place pita in a separate Suvie pan. Tap the package of roasted tomatoes against the countertop to break up any large pieces. Open tomatoes and place in pan next to pita breads. Place pita and tomatoes in the Bottom Zone of Suvie. Input settings and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Roast at 375°F for 20 minutes
Top Zone: Roast at 375°F for 15 minutes
3) When the cook is complete remove pans from Suvie. Carefully remove the pita breads from the aluminum foil and divide between plates. Top each pita with falafel, roasted tomatoes, and tzatziki sauce.
Nutritional Information per serving (2-4 servings per recipe): Calories 590, Total Fat 27g, Total Carbohydrates 71g, Total Sodium 1300mg, Total Protein 18g.