Cozy up to a bowl of our Gnocchi Bolognese filled with soft pillowy gnocchi and a meat sauce that will warm up even the chilliest of bones. The base of this sauce is made by broiling mirepoix and ground beef in separate pans. Then we combine our base with fresh herbs, plenty of sauce, and store bought gnocchi for a simple, yet hearty time-saving bolognese sauce. Freeze leftovers for an easy meal that’s great for any night of the week.
- ½ lb ground beef
- ½ cup finely chopped carrot
- ½ cup finely chopped celery
- ½ cup finely chopped white onion
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 ½ cups tomato purée
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 4 tbsp chopped fresh basil, divided
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 lb gnocchi
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella
1) Add ½ lb ground beef to a Suvie pan. In another pan, combine ½ cup carrot, ½ cup celery, ½ cup white onion, 3 cloves garlic, 2 tbsp tomato paste, 2 tbsp olive oil, ½ tsp kosher salt, and ½ tsp fresh ground pepper. Load pans into your Suvie and broil 15 minutes.
2) After the broil, remove pans from your Suvie. Drain the ground beef on a paper towel lined plate.
3) In the Suvie pan with the vegetable mix, stir in 1 ½ cups tomato purée, 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley, 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil, ½ cup pecorino romano, 1 lb gnocchi, and drained ground beef. Load pan into the bottom of your Suvie, input settings, and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Roast at 375°F for 40 minutes
Top Zone: Roast at 375°F for 0 minutes
4) When 10 minutes remain in the cook, remove the pan from your Suvie and stir in 2 tbsp heavy cream. Evenly distribute 1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella over the top, and return the pan to your Suvie.
5) To serve, divide gnocchi bolognese between plates and garnish with additional fresh basil.
Nutritional Information per serving (6 servings per recipe): Calories 438, Total Fat 17.6g, Total Carbohydrates 41.9g, Total Sodium 339.3mg, Total Protein 23g