Our Sous Vide Prime Rib with Cauliflower Mash is the ultimate carb conscious comfort dish for chilly evenings. Fork tender prime rib is paired with creamy cauliflower mash and served with a deeply flavorful beef au jus for drizzling.
Prime Rib with Cauliflower Mash
- 1-2 packages cauliflower florets
- 1-2 packages Prime Rib Steak
- 1-2 packets Garlic Herb Seasoning
- ¼ – ½ cup milk
- 2-4 tbsp butter
1) Top Pan
Before opening, gently tap cauliflower on the counter to break up. Open cauliflower and pour into a Suvie pan. Add ¼ cup water to the pan. Place cauliflower in the Top Zone of Suvie.
2) Bottom Pan
Do not open the prime rib packages. Place prime rib steak into a Suvie pan and cover completely with water. Place prime rib in the Bottom Zone of Suvie. Input settings and cook now. Be sure to select “Yes” when asked if cooking from frozen.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Sous Vide at 125°F for 30 minutes
Top Zone: Sous Vide at 125°F for 30 minutes
3) When the cook is complete, remove pans from Suvie and set pan with Prime Rib aside.
4) Drain off water from cauliflower. Add garlic herb seasoning, ¼ cup (½ cup for 4 servings) milk or water, and 2 tbsp (4 tbsp for 4 servings) butter to the pan. Return to Suvie and broil for 5 minutes.
5) After broiling, mash cauliflower with a fork or add to a blender and blend until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Remove prime rib from packaging, reserving the liquid from the packaging in a small bowl. Thinly slice prime rib.
6) Divide cauliflower mash and prime rib between plates and drizzle each serving with the reserved liquid. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Nutritional Information per serving (2-4 servings per recipe): Calories 320, Total Fat 13g, Total Carbohydrates 9g, Total Sodium 340mg, Total Protein 44g.