Packed with antioxidants thanks to the red beets and the green leafy vegetables, this gorgeous root vegetable salad is as nutritious as it is beautiful. We suggest presenting this recipe on a large serving platter to fully display the vibrant colors of the vegetables, bright green dressing, and stark white goat cheese. Save the extra dressing in the fridge to drizzle on other delicious salads or freeze in an ice cube tray for easy single-servings another day.
Roasted Fingerling Potato and Beet Salad
- 3 red beets, peeled and cut into ½” cubes
- 3 gold beets, peeled and cut into ½” cubes
- ¼ tsp garlic powder, divided
- 1 lb fingerling potatoes, cut into ¼” thick slices
- 6 cups lightly packed spring mix
- 4 oz goat cheese, crumbled
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup roasted pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 1 small shallot
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup packed basil
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 cup packed baby spinach
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- ¼ cup raw cashews
- 3 tbsp lemon juice, about 1 lemon
1) Add 6 beets to a Suvie pan, drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil and season with ⅛ tsp garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Insert pan in the bottom zone of your Suvie.
2) Add 1 lb fingerling potatoes to another Suvie pan, drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil and season with ⅛ tsp garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Insert pan in the top zone of your Suvie, input settings, and cook now. Stir potatoes and beets halfway through cooking.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Roast at 400°F for 45 minutes
Top Zone: Roast at 400°F for 45 minutes
3) During the cook, place 1 small shallot and 2 cloves garlic in a food processor and pulse until roughly chopped, about 5 pulses. Add 1 cup packed basil, ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese, ¼ cup olive oil, 1 cup packed baby spinach, 1 tbsp white vinegar, ¼ cup raw cashews, ¼ tsp kosher salt, 3 tbsp lemon juice, and 2 tbsp water and blend until smooth, about 30-45 seconds.
4) After cooking, remove pans from Suvie. On a large serving plate, gently arrange roasted beets and roasted fingerling potatoes over 6 cups spring mix. To serve, drizzle green goddess dressing over salad and top with 4 oz goat cheese, 4 radishes, and ¼ cup roasted pepitas.
Nutritional Information per serving (6 servings per recipe): Calories 343, Total Fat 22g, Total Carbohydrates 23.2g, Total Sodium 506.7mg, Total Protein 14.6g