Filled with nutritious, whole foods and bright colors, this roasted sweet potato and chickpea bowl is the perfect easy lunch or filling dinner. Hearty brown rice is topped with crisp apples, fresh cucumbers, curried chickpeas, and creamy tahini sauce. Whether you’re aiming to fuel up for the day ahead or looking for a great way to replenish after a long day, this bowl has got you covered.
Roasted Sweet Potato and Chickpea Bowls
- 1 cup brown rice
- ¼ large cucumber, cut into ¼” thick half moons
- 1 ½ tbsp vinegar, such as white vinegar or rice vinegar
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- ½ cup plain whole milk yogurt or kefir
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 sweet potato, cut into ½” cubes
- 1 ½ tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ½ tbsp curry powder
- 2 cups lightly packed spring mix
- 1 apple, cut into ½” cubes
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 tsp Aleppo-style chili flakes
1) Place 1 cup brown rice in the Suvie rice pot (black handles), and place the pot lid on top. Place pot inside the Suvie Starch Cooker, ensuring the pot is centered on the hot plate. Input settings and cook now or schedule,
Suvie Starch Cooker Settings
Rice, Brown rice, 1 Cup
2) Add 1 sweet potato to a Suvie pan, drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil, and season with ½ tsp kosher salt and ¼ tsp pepper. Insert pan into the top zone of your Suvie.
3) Add 1 cup chickpeas to another Suvie pan, drizzle with ½ tbsp olive oil, and season with ½ tbsp curry powder, ½ tsp kosher salt, and ¼ tsp pepper. Insert pan into the bottom zone of your Suvie. Input settings and cook now, stirring sweet potatoes and chickpeas halfway through.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Roast at 400°F for 50 minutes
Top Zone: Roast at 400°F for 50 minutes
4) Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine ¼ cucumber, 1 ½ tbsp vinegar, 1 tsp sugar, and ½ tsp kosher salt. Set aside.
5) In a medium bowl, whisk together ½ cup yogurt or kefir and 2 tbsp tahini until smooth. Set aside.
6) After cooking, remove pans from your Suvie. Fluff rice with a fork. To assemble, add ½ cup spring mix and ½ cup brown rice to the bottom of each bowl and top with 1 apple, cucumber, sweet potatoes, and chickpeas. Drizzle yogurt sauce over toppings and garnish with 2 green onions and 1 tsp Aleppo-style chili flakes.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 418, Total Fat 14.8g, Total Carbohydrates 63.8g, Total Sodium 485.6mg, Total Protein 10g