This sweet corn and fresh zucchini chowder is the perfect late summer soup. By blending only half of the soup after cooking, this chowder has a creamy base while still maintaining a delightful chunky bite. Pair this naturally sweet and aromatic soup with a crisp white wine and a crusty French baguette for an elegant lunch or dinner.
Summer Corn and Zucchini Chowder
- 1 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 ½ cups zucchini, cut into ¼”-thick half moons
- 2 cups raw corn kernels, from about 2 ears of corn
- 1 ½ cups yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into ½” cubes
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- 2 cups vegetable or chicken broth, divided
- 6 slices bacon, cut into ½-inch thick pieces
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp feta cheese crumbles
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 1 tsp Aleppo chili flakes
- 1 loaf crusty bread, such as French baguette or sourdough boule
1) Add 1 cup yellow onion, 2 cloves garlic, ¼ tsp smoked paprika, ½ tsp salt, ½ tsp pepper and 2 tbsp butter to a Suvie pan. Place pan in the bottom zone of your Suvie and broil 15 minutes, until golden brown.
2) Remove pan from your Suvie, and add 1 ½ cups zucchini, 2 cups corn, 1 ½ cups yukon gold potatoes,1 tsp fresh thyme, and 2 cups broth. Stir and return pan to bottom zone of your Suvie.
3) Place bacon pieces on a Suvie roasting rack, place rack inside a Suvie pan, and place pan in the top zone of your Suvie. Input settings, and cook now.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Roast at 400°F for 60 minutes
Top Zone: Broil for 40 minutes
4) After cooking, remove pans from your Suvie. Add half of the soup to a blender and blend on high until smooth, about 10-15 seconds. Pour blended soup into the rest of the soup and stir in ¼ cup heavy cream.
5) To serve, distribute soup between bowls and top each with 1 tbsp feta cheese, 1 tbsp scallions, ¼ tsp aleppo chili flakes, and bacon. Serve with warm bread.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 342, Total Fat 18.5g, Total Carbohydrates 34.3g, Total Sodium 986.9mg, Total Protein 10.8g