Sweet and sour pork is one of our favorite take out dishes because it’s the perfect blend of tangy, sweet, and savory. Hearty pork shoulder is slow cooked for hours with pineapples, peppers, and onions, until pull-apart tender. Enjoy the very best takeout from the comfort of your own home.
Sweet and Sour Pork with Pineapple and Peppers
- 2 packages white rice
- 1 package pork shoulder
- 1 package pineapple
- 1 package peppers & onions
- 1 packet orange sauce
1) Run orange sauce under warm water to thaw. Open packages with pork shoulder, pineapple, and peppers and onions. Place in a Suvie pan. Open orange sauce and evenly pour it over the pork. Place pork shoulder in the Top Zone of Suvie.
2) Place white rice packages in the fridge to thaw. Input settings and cook now or schedule. Be sure to select “Yes” when asked if cooking from frozen.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Slow Cook Low for 6 hours, 30 minutes
3) When the cook is complete, remove pan with pork from Suvie. Pour defrosted rice into a Suvie pan, breaking up any large pieces. Place pan with rice in the Bottom zone of Suvie and broil for 10 minutes until heated through.
4) Use 2 forks to pull and shred pork. Stir to reincorporate and season to taste with salt and pepper. Divide between plates with rice.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 500, Total Fat 6g, Total Carbohydrates 64g, Total Sodium 650mg, Total Protein 43g.