Ample amounts of mustard and dill pickles make this Texas-style potato salad tangy and pungent. Mayonnaise, however, adds a creaminess that keeps this dish from going into mouth-puckering territory. Serve this delicious side with your favorite barbecue dishes.
Texas-Style Potato Salad
- 1 lb baby or spring potatoes
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp yellow mustard
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 hard boiled egg, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup dill pickles, chopped
- 2 tbsp finely chopped red onion
1) Place potatoes in a Suvie starch strainer set within the Suvie pasta pot (green handles). Cover pot with lid and place inside the Suvie Starch Cooker. Input settings, and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Starch Cooker Settings
Potatoes, Uncut, 55 minutes
2) Meanwhile, whisk together mayonnaise, mustard, red wine vinegar, and 1 tsp salt until smooth. Gently stir in the pickles, red onion and egg. Place bowl in the refrigerator until the potatoes have finished cooking.
3) Once the potatoes have finished cooking, cut potatoes in half and add to the bowl with the mayonnaise mixture, stirring to coat. Season potato salad to taste with salt and pepper; serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 220, Total Fat 11g, Total Carbohydrates 21g, Total Sodium 1220mg, Total Protein 6g.