Black bean and cauliflower tacos are the easy plant-based meal we all need right now. An array of spices such as cumin, paprika and curry powder make this dish stand out from the crowd. Feel free to mix it up with your favorite taco toppings; we like sliced radishes, cilantro leaves, and avocado slices best, but the sky’s the limit with what you can use.
Black Bean and Cauliflower Tacos
- ½ small white onion, diced
- 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil, plus 3 tbsp, divided
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ tsp chili powder
- 1 medium head cauliflower, chopped into bite-size florets
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and minced, divided
- 1 ½ tsp ground cumin, divided
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp curry powder
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 3 tbsp plain non-dairy yogurt
- 1 tbsp hot sauce
- 6-8 corn tortillas, warmed
1) Combine diced onion and 2 tsp olive oil in a Suvie pan. Place pan in the bottom zone of Suvie. Broil for 10 minutes until onion is translucent. Remove pan from Suvie and stir in 1 can black beans, ½ tsp chili powder, ½ tsp salt, ¼ tsp black pepper. Return pan to Suvie.
2) In a second Suvie pan, stir together 1 head cauliflower florets, 2 tbsp olive oil, 3 minced garlic cloves, 1 tsp cumin, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp paprika, ½ tsp red pepper flakes, ½ tsp black pepper, and ½ tsp curry powder. Place pan in the top of Suvie. Enter settings and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Roast at 350°F for 30 minutes
Top Zone: Roast at 350°F for 30 minutes
3) During the cook, prepare the vegan crema. In a small bowl whisk together 1 garlic clove, 2 tbsp fresh lime juice, 3 tbsp non-dairy yogurt, 1 tbsp olive oil, 1 tbsp hot sauce, ½ tsp ground cumin, and ¼ tsp salt. Set aside.
4) Remove cauliflower and black beans from Suvie. Serve cauliflower and black beans in warmed tortillas and top with vegan crema. Garnish with additional topping such as radishes, cilantro, or avocado.
Nutrition Info: (based on 4 servings per recipe, not including optional toppings): Calories 420, Fat 22g, Sodium 430mg, Carbs 48g, Protein 13g.