This rich and creamy quiche is punctuated with tender pieces of asparagus and flavored with a bright scallion oil. Tangy sour cream and goat cheese keep this decadent quiche from feeling too heavy. The pastry has a tendency to fold inwards when blind baking, so be sure to press it firmly against the sides of the pan. If it does fold in, simply hold it up against the side of the pan while pouring in the filling to put it back in place.
Asparagus & Goat Cheese Quiche
- 1 (8 oz) puff pastry sheet, defrosted
- ⅓ cup sliced scallions
- 6 oz asparagus, cut into ½” pieces
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 6 large eggs
- ½ cup half & half
- ½ cup sour cream
- 4 oz soft goat cheese
1) Grease a Suvie pan with cooking spray and line with parchment paper. Roll puff pastry into a 11 x 13 rectangle. Place puff pastry into the prepared pan, pressing into the corners and sides. Prick the bottom of the pastry all over with a fork. Arrange a second layer of parchment on top of the dough and fill with pie weights. Place pan in the bottom zone of Suvie.
2) In a second Suvie pan, combine ⅓ cup scallions, 6 oz asparagus, 2 tsp olive oil, and ¼ tsp salt, and ⅛ tsp ground black pepper. Place pan in the top zone of Suvie. Input settings and cook now.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Roast at 350°F for 30 minutes
Top Zone: Roast at 400°F for 15 minutes
3) In a large bowl, whisk together 6 large eggs, ½ cup half and half, ½ cup sour cream, and ½ tsp salt until smooth.
4) Remove pans from Suvie. Remove pie weights and parchment. Dollop half the goat cheese over the prepared crust followed by half the asparagus. Pour egg mixture over the vegetables followed by remaining goat cheese and asparagus. Return pan to bottom zone of Suvie, input settings and cook now.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Roast at 325°F for 35 minutes
Top Zone: None
5) Remove pan from Suvie and allow to cool completely in pan before cutting into slices and serving.
Nutritional Information per serving (8 servings per recipe): Calories 310, Total Fat 23g, Total Carbohydrates 16g, Total Sodium 280mg, Total Protein 11g.