Start your morning off with this baked cinnamon oatmeal served alongside warm and tender spiced apples. We’ve cut down on the liquid in the oatmeal to create a softer granola type bar while also adding applesauce to increase the fruit flavor overall. When serving, chopped pecans add a welcomed nutty crunch, and a drizzle of warm cream helps all of the flavors melt together beautifully. For Suvie 1.0 instructions, click here.
Baked Apple Oatmeal
- 1 ½ cups old-fashioned oats
- ½ cup milk, any fat percentage works
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 2 medium tart and sweet apples such as honey crisp or pink lady, cut in ¼” thick slices
- 1 cup apple cider
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup heavy cream
1) Lightly grease Suvie pan. In a medium bowl, mix together oats, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt. In a large bowl, lightly beat together milk, applesauce, and egg until smooth. Mix dry ingredients into wet until fully incorporated and no longer lumpy. Pour into Suvie pan. Load into your Suvie.
2) Add apples to a different Suvie pan. In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and apple cider. Whisk maple syrup and vanilla extract into cornstarch mixture. Pour over apples, tossing to coat. Load pan into your Suvie.
3) Input settings, and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Slow Cook Low for 2 hours
4) Near end of cook, add cream to a small saucepan and gently warm over low heat stirring frequently with a spatula for 3-5 minutes, being careful to not let cream bubble.
5) After cook, remove oatmeal from Suvie. Broil apples 7-10 minutes, until thickened.
6) To serve, slice oatmeal into 6 pieces and divide between bowls. Evenly distribute apples over baked oatmeal. Pour cream over oatmeal and top with pecans.
Note: If you would like to make this recipe in Suvie 1.0, insert pans into the top zones of Suvie, fill reservoir, and set to Slow Cook on Low for 2 hours.
Nutritional Information per serving (6 servings per recipe): Calories 410, Total Fat 16g, Total Carbohydrates 54g, Total Sodium 371mg, Total Protein 3g