We’ve adapted one of our favorite sheet pan dinners into a summery Suvie staple. Served with veggies and sweet tangy pineapple, these juicy chicken thighs come together in less than 10 minutes and will feed the whole family. Fuel up for any adventure or prep for the week ahead with this healthy, hearty, and colorful recipe.
Balsamic Honey Chicken with Roasted Vegetables
- 1 cup orzo pasta
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 bone-in skin-on chicken thighs
- 1 cup zucchini, cut into ½”-thick half moons
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup fresh pineapple chunks
- ½ red onion, roughly chopped
- 1 cup chopped orange bell pepper
- 2 tbsp roughly chopped parsley
1) Place 1 cup orzo in the Suvie Starch strainer, place strainer insert into the pasta pot (green handles), and cover with the pot lid. Place the pasta pot on the hot plate, close the door, ensure drain tray is in place, and hit “cook”.
Suvie Starch Cooker Settings:
Pasta, 1 cup, 11 minutes
2) In a medium bowl, combine ½ tsp garlic powder, ¾ tsp salt, ¼ cup balsamic vinegar, 2 tbsp honey, and 2 tbsp olive oil.
3) Place 4 chicken thighs in a Suvie pan and season with salt and pepper. Drizzle half the balsamic mixture over the chicken and insert the pan into the top zone of your Suvie.
4) In another Suvie pan, combine 1 cup zucchini, 1 cup cherry tomatoes, 1 cup pineapple, ½ red onion, and 1 cup orange bell pepper. Drizzle the remaining balsamic sauce over the mixture and stir with a spatula. Insert the pan into the bottom zone of your Suvie, input settings and cook now or schedule, rotating chicken thighs halfway through cooking.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Roast at 400°F for 1 hour
Top Zone: Roast at 375°F for 50 minutes
5) After the cook, remove pans from Suvie and remove pot from Starch Cooker. Fluff orzo with a fork and stir the vegetable mix. To serve, divide chicken and orzo between plates and top with vegetables and sauce. Garnish with fresh parsley.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 543, Total Fat 26.5g, Total Carbohydrates 54.2g, Total Sodium 533.8mg, Total Protein 24.5g