Beef Stroganoff is a Russian dish that first appeared in cookbooks in the mid 19th century. Recipes for beef stroganoff made their way out of Russia through China and were brought to the United States by Chinese and Russian immigrants, as well as US military service members posted in China. In its current American form beef stroganoff consists of thin strips of seasoned beef and mushrooms in a creamy sauce. For Suvie we’ve chosen to slow cook the beef until tender then serve over a bed of egg noodles creating the perfect weeknight comfort dish.
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 lb beef chuck, cut into strips
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 8 oz cremini mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup beef broth
- 1 (10 ¾ oz) can cream of mushroom soup
- 8 oz egg noodles
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 sprigs parsley, roughly chopped, for garnish
1) In a large bowl, stir together 1 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp black pepper, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1 lb beef check, 1 tbsp olive oil, and 1 medium sliced onion. Transfer to a Suvie pan.
2) In a separate Suvie pan stir together 8 oz sliced mushrooms and 2 tbsp melted butter. Insert both pans into your Suvie and broil for 20 minutes, stirring halfway through.
3) During the broil, whisk 1/2 cup beef broth and 1 can cream of mushroom soup together in a large bowl until smooth.
4) Once the broil is complete, add the mushrooms, onions, and steak to the bowl with the beef broth, stirring to combine. Divide the stroganoff between the two Suvie pans place in Suvie. Input settings below and set to cook now or schedule.
5) Add egg noodles to the Suvie starch strainer set within the Suvie pasta pot and load. Place the lid on top and place pot inside the Suvie Starch Cooker with the handle facing towards the back. Set pasta to cook for 10 minutes, and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Slow Cook Low for 3 hours
Top Zone: Slow Cook Low for 3 hours
6) After the cook, remove all pans from your Suvie. Divide the sour cream between the stroganoff and mix well to incorporate. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve the beef over the noodles with a sprinkle of parsley as garnish.
Nutrition Info per 1 Serving (4 Servings per Recipe): Calories 759, Total Fat 45.7g, Sodium 1007.8mg, Total Carbs 53.3g, Protein 51.8g