Braising is simply cooking meat or veggies in a liquid until they become tender and moist. Beer braising imparts a distinctive flavor that broth alone cannot provide. You can use any beer you have on hand for this recipe noting that the more flavorful and robust the beer, the stronger the beer flavor of the chicken. Serve this along with any of our barbeque sides for a delicious and easy summer dish.
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1½ tsp light brown sugar
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 lbs chicken thighs and legs
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- ⅔ cup lager or other light beer
- ½ cup chicken stock
- Mix together the salt, brown sugar, paprika, and cayenne pepper. Rub mixture over chicken.
- Arrange chicken and onion in a Suvie pan. Pour the beer and chicken stock over the chicken. Insert into upper zone of Suvie. Fill reservoir, enter cook settings and cook now or schedule.
My Cook > Slow Cook & Starch Settings
High, 1 hour 30 minutes
Starch: 0 minutes
- After the cook, broil the chicken for 10 minutes or until skin is crispy. Serve chicken with onions and a spoonful of the liquid from the pan.