These delicious vegetarian tamales are filled with tender corn masa and melty cheddar cheese, savory black beans, and served with a blend of white rice and southwest veggies, then topped with a vibrant tomatillo sauce.
Black Bean and Cheese Tamales with Southwest Rice and Tomatillo Sauce
- (1 package – 2 packages) Black Bean and Cheese Tamales
- (1 package – 2 packages) Southwest Veg Mix
- (1 package – 2 packages) White Rice
- (1 package – 2 packages) Tomatillo Sauce
1) Top Pan
Open white rice and southwest veg mix and add to a Suvie pan. Season with 1 tbsp (2 tbsp for 4 servings) olive oil, 1/4 tsp (1/2 tsp for 4 servings) salt and freshly ground pepper. Place rice and southwest veg in the Top Zone of Suvie.
2) Bottom Pan
Do not open the tamales and tomatillo packages! Place tamales and tomatillo sauce packages into a Suvie pan and cover completely with water. Place tamales in the Bottom Zone of Suvie.
3) Input cook settings and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Sous Vide at 180°F for 50 mins for 2 servings, 50 minutes for 4 servings
Top Zone: Sous Vide at 180°F for 50 mins for 2 servings, 50 minutes for 4 servings
4) When the cook is complete, carefully remove pan (it will be hot!) with tamales from Suvie.
5) Remove tamales from packaging and divide between plates. Mix white rice and southwest veg together and divide between plates. Unwrap tamales (discarding husks) and serve with tomatillo sauce on the side.
Nutritional Information per serving (2-4 servings per recipe): Calories 670, Total Fat 17g, Total Carbohydrates 110g, Total Sodium 870mg, Total Protein 21g.