Chicken with 40 cloves of garlic is a popular recipe that delivers tender chicken with rich garlic flavor. We wanted to emulate all the best parts of those recipes with effortless prep. Instead of 40 garlic cloves, we opted for 1 head (which yields about 15 cloves), and cut them in half to extract the flavor right off the bat. We used boneless skinless thighs because they hold up well to braising, but don’t add too much fat to the sauce like skin-on thighs. Lastly, we served these with potatoes to soak up all that delicious braising liquid.
Braised Garlic Chicken
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed
- 1 tsp vegetable oil, plus 2 tsp, divided
- 1 head of garlic, cloves peeled and cut in half
- 3 sprigs parsley, plus extra to garnish
- ¾ cup chicken broth
- 1 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 tbsp cornstarch dissolved in 1 tbsp water
- 1 lb yukon gold potatoes, cubed
1) Pat chicken thighs dry and season all over with salt and pepper. Heat 1 tsp vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium high heat until shimmering. Add the chicken thighs and sear on one side for 5 minutes, or until browned. Transfer chicken to a Suvie pan with the garlic cloves and parsley sprigs.
2) In a medium bowl, whisk together 1 cup chicken broth, 1 tbsp heavy cream, and cornstarch mixture. Pour mixture around the chicken thighs. Insert pan into top of Suvie.
3) Stir 1 lb cubed potatoes with remaining 2 tsp vegetable oil in a second Suvie pan. Season with salt and pepper and insert into bottom of Suvie. Input settings and cook now.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Roast at 375°F for 30 minutes
Top Zone: Roast at 350°F for 30 minutes
4) After the cook, remove and discard parsley sprigs and transfer chicken to a cutting board. Whisk chicken broth mixture to reincorporate. Divide chicken and potatoes between plates, spooning sauce over each plate.
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 520, Total Fat 17g, Total Carbohydrates 41g, Total Sodium 830mg, Total Protein 52g.