Whip up these potato skin snackers just in time to root on your favorite team or to simply treat yourself! We’ve made our own wing sauce that’s not too hot and cooled it down even more with our own effortless blue cheese dressing. Be sure to use unsalted butter in this recipe to keep the salt levels in balance. Use those leftovers and combine the extra potato with sour cream for some deliciously tangy mashed potatoes.
Buffalo Sauce and Blue Cheese Potato Skins
- 5 yellow potatoes, about 2” wide and scrubbed
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup Frank’s Hot sauce
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1 ½ tbsp milk
- ¼ cup chopped scallions
1) Place chicken breasts in Suvie pan. Combine hot sauce and butter in a small bowl and pour over chicken. Load into upper right cooking zone.
2) Place potatoes in Suvie pan and load into upper left cooking zone.
3) Fill reservoir, enter cook settings, and Cook Now or Schedule.
My Cook > Slow Cook Settings
High, 3 hours
Starch: 0 minutes
4) After the cook, remove potatoes and chicken from Suvie. Cut potatoes in half and scoop out the interiors, leaving the potato skins intact. Use leftover potato filling later for recipes such as mashed potatoes or potato cakes. Transfer chicken breasts to cutting board and shred with two forks. Return chicken to Suvie pan, toss to coat in leftover sauce, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
5) Combine sour cream, milk, and blue cheese crumbles in a small bowl. Stir with a whisk until ingredients are evenly mixed through.
6) To serve, fill each potato half with 2 tbsps shredded chicken, drizzle with blue cheese mix, and garnish with scallions.
Alternative Cooking Instructions:
- Place chicken breasts in slow cooker. Combine hot sauce and butter in a small bowl and pour over chicken. Cook on high for 2 hours. After cook, transfer chicken breasts to cutting board and shred with two forks. Return chicken to slow cooker and toss to coat in leftover sauce
- Poke holes in potatoes using a fork. Place potatoes on a baking sheet and cook at 425°F for 30 minutes. After cook, cut potatoes in half and scoop out middle.
- Combine sour cream, milk, and blue cheese crumbles.
- To serve, fill each potato half with 2 tbsps shredded chicken, drizzle with blue cheese mix, and garnish with scallions.
Nutritional Information per serving (5 servings per recipe): Calories 494, Total Fat 28g, Total Carbohydrates 29g, Total Sodium 1155mg, Total Protein 32g