This recipe could not be easier! Just four basic ingredients comprise this simple, yet tasty meal. We’ve opted for a premade simmer sauce that you can find in most grocery stores’ Indian or Asian sections. Most stores will have a selection of different sauces to choose from including mild, medium or spicy heat levels. Any simmer sauce that looks curry-like will work for this recipe so try a few out. You can also use frozen butternut squash and spinach if you’re having a hard time finding fresh vegetables at the store. This is a great meal option for any night of the week with ingredients that are easy to keep on hand.
Butternut Squash Curry
- 12 oz butternut squash, peeled and diced
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- 12 oz simmer or pre-made curry sauce
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1/2 cup salted cashews, roughly chopped
1) In a Suvie pan, stir together cubed butternut squash, spinach, simmer sauce, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp ground black pepper. Insert pan into one of the bottom zone of Suvie. Input settings, and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Slow Cook on High for 1 hour
2) Place 1 cup brown rice in the Suvie rice pot (black handles) and cover pot with lid. Place pot inside the Suvie Starch Cooker, ensuring the pot is centered on the hot plate. Input settings and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Starch Cooker Settings
Rice, Brown, 1 Cup
3) After cooking, stir curry to incorporate and season to taste with salt and pepper. Fluff rice with a fork and season with salt and pepper to taste. Divide rice between four bowls and top with the butternut squash curry. Sprinkle with chopped cashews and serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe, nutritional info with vary depending on sauce used): Calories 317, Total Fat 4.5g, Total Carbohydrates 66g, Total Sodium 422.8mg, Total Protein 6.1g