This delicious dish is packed with rich beef, melty cheese, and special sauce on a bed of tender, fluffy rice to capture the best parts of everyone’s favorite drive-through treat. We top the cheeseburger rice with shredded iceberg, fresh tomato, sliced onion, and chopped pickles, but feel free to omit or add any toppings you like. As they say, have it your way.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- ½ tsp sugar
- ½ tsp white vinegar
- 4 oz shredded monterey jack cheese
- ½ cup shredded iceberg lettuce
- ½ cup diced fresh tomato
- ¼ cup thinly sliced red onion
- ¼ cup chopped pickles
1) In a Suvie pan, stir together 1 lb ground beef and 1 tsp garlic powder, and 1 tsp salt. In a second pan, stir together 1 chopped onion and 2 tsp vegetable oil. Place onions in the top zone and beef in the bottom zone of Suvie, input settings and cook, stirring beef occasionally and breaking up into pieces with a spoon.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Roast at 400°F for 15 minutes
Top Zone: Roast at 400°F for 20 minutes
2) Meanwhile, place 1 cup jasmine rice in the Suvie rice pot (black handles) and cover with lid. Place pot inside the Suvie Starch Cooker, ensuring the pot is centered on the hot plate. Input settings and cook now.
Suvie Starch Cooker Settings
Rice, Medium Grain, 1 Cup
3) Meanwhile, prepare the sauce. In a small bowl, stir together 2 tbsp mayonnaise, 1 tbsp ketchup, ½ tsp sugar, and ½ tsp white vinegar until combined; set aside.
4) Once the beef has finished cooking, remove pan from Suvie and stir 4 oz shredded cheese and roasted onions into the beef. Divide rice between bowls and top with cheeseburger mixture. Drizzle each serving with burger sauce and top with iceberg lettuce, tomatoes, red onion, and pickles.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 700, Total Fat 42g, Total Carbohydrates 63g, Total Sodium 950mg, Total Protein 34g.