This delicious and easy meal is Suvie’s version of a chicken souvlaki sandwich. Soft, warm pita breads enclose juicy chicken, sweet peppers, and flavorful onions. It’s finished off with a drizzle of cool and creamy tzatziki sauce that might just transport you to the Greek isles.
Chicken Pitas Sandwiches with Tzatziki Sauce
- 1 packet – 2 packets Tzatziki Sauce
- 1 package – 2 packages Chicken Breast
- 1 package – 2 packages Pita Bread
- 1 package – 2 packages Peppers and Onions
1) Top Pan
Place tzatziki sauce in a bowl of hot water to thaw (or refrigerate if scheduling). Cut open the chicken package and place on the roasting rack (handles facing up) in a Suvie pan. Season with 1 tbsp olive oil (2 tbsp for 4 servings), 1/4 tsp salt (1/2 tsp for 4 servings), and freshly ground black pepper. Place chicken in the Top Zone of Suvie.
2) Bottom Pan
Open package with pita bread and wrap tightly with a piece of aluminum foil. Place in a separate Suvie pan. Tap the package of peppers & onions against the countertop to break up any large pieces. Open peppers & onions and place in the pan next to pita bread. Season peppers & onions with 1 tbsp olive oil (2 tbsp for 4 servings), 1/4 tsp salt (½ tsp for 4 servings), and freshly ground black pepper. Place pita and peppers & onions in the Bottom Zone of Suvie. Input settings and cook now.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Roast at 375°F for 20 mins (for 2 and 4 servings)
Top Zone: Roast at 350°F for 24 mins (34 mins for 4 servings)
3) When the cook is complete remove pans from Suvie. Let the chicken rest for 4 minutes. Carefully remove the pita breads from the aluminum foil and divide between plates. After resting, cut the chicken into small pieces, season to taste with salt and pepper. Top each pita with chicken, peppers and onion, and tzatziki sauce.
Nutritional Information per serving (2-4 servings per recipe): Calories 470, Total Fat 18g, Total Carbohydrates 110g, Total Sodium 860mg, Total Protein 43g.