This Mediterranean inspired meal combines healthy and tasty into a single delicious bowl. This salad breaks away from the potato salad rut keeping the dressing light and citrusy and vegetables abundant. Marinating the chicken with the lemon juice, garlic and oregano gives it a fresh acidic taste while keeping it juicy. This is a great meal to use for meal prep as you can make a large quantity of chicken and potatoes to combine with the salad throughout the week, just make sure to leave out the spring mix until right before mealtime.
Chicken with Greek Potato Salad
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1 tbsp dried oregano, plus 1 tsp, divided
- 2 tbsp olive oil , plus 3 tbsp, divided
- 2 tbsp lemon juice, plus 1 tbsp divided
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 10 oz new potatoes
- 1½ tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cup cucumbers, diced
- ½ cup red onion, diced
- ½ cup kalamata olives, roughly chopped
- 2 cups spring mix
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
1) Place 5 cloves garlic, 1 tbsp oregano, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp pepper, 2 tbsp olive oil, 2 tbsp lemon juice, and 1 lb chicken breasts in a vacuum bag. Vacuum seal bag and place in a Suvie pan, cover completely with water, and place in the bottom zone of Suvie. Input settings and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Sous Vide at 155°F for 1 hour
Top Zone: None
2) Place 10 oz new potatoes in the Suvie starch strainer set within the Suvie pasta pot. Cover pot with lid and place inside the Suvie Starch Cooker, ensuring the pot is centered on the hot plate. Input settings and cook now or schedule
Suvie Starch Cooker Settings
Potatoes, Uncut, 45 minutes
3) Meanwhile, whisk together remaining 1 tbsp lemon juice, 3 tbsp olive oil, 1 tsp oregano, 1½ tsp Dijon, ½ tsp salt, and ½ tsp black pepper in a small bowl until combined. Set aside.
4) In a large bowl combine 1 cup cherry tomatoes, 1 cup cucumbers, 1/2 cup red onion, 1/2 cup kalamata olives, and 2 cups spring mix. Refrigerate until cook is complete.
5) Once the cook has finished, remove the potatoes and chicken from Suvie. Drain water from chicken pan and transfer chicken to a cutting board. Cut potatoes into quarters. Add potatoes, 1/2 cup feta, and dressing to the large bowl with the Greek salad.
6) Divide salad between plates. Slice the chicken against the grain and serve on top of salad.
Nutrition Info per Serving (Based on 3 Servings per Recipe): Calories 470, Total Fat 22g, Sodium 1480mg, Total Carbs 28g, Protein 39g