These slow cooked oats are creamy, coconutty, and just a little bit spicy. Ground turmeric and cinnamon add just the right amount of warm flavors to make your morning oatmeal that much more cozy. To sweeten our oatmeal and dial up the coconut vibes we use coconut sugar, which is toasty and tropical in flavor, but brown sugar can be substituted in a pinch. In this recipe, the oats are cooked until fairly set; add extra hot water to the finished oats to thin to your desired consistency if needed.
Coconut Turmeric Oats
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup canned full fat coconut milk, plus extra for serving
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar or light brown sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup toasted coconut flakes
1) Stir together steel cut oats, water, coconut milk, coconut sugar, salt, ground turmeric, and ground cinnamon in a Suvie pan. Insert pan into your Suvie, input settings, and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Slow Cook High for 2 hours
2) After the cook, stir oatmeal to incorporate. Divide between bowls and top with coconut flakes and extra coconut milk. Thin with hot water to desired consistency if needed.
Note: If you would like to make this recipe in Suvie 1.0, insert pan into the top zones of Suvie, fill reservoir, and set to Slow Cook on High for 2 hours.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 220, Total Fat 14g, Total Carbohydrates 20g, Total Sodium 190mg, Total Protein 3g