Impress guests in the morning or evening with this aromatic and incredibly moist Cranberry Orange loaf fitting for any brunch or dessert menu. Ground nutmeg and chopped pecans add warmth and a toasty crunch to this bright and tart quickbread. And we’ve amplified the overall orange flavor by adding orange zest to a simple salted honey butter that makes for the perfect finishing touch.
Cranberry Orange Bread with Salted Orange Honey Butter
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp Greek yogurt
- 4 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup orange juice
- 2 tbsp orange zest, divided
- 3 tbsp applesauce
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ½ cup salted butter, softened
- 1 tbsp honey
1) In a large bowl, whisk together 2 cups flour, ¾ tsp baking powder, ½ tsp baking soda, ¼ tsp nutmeg, ½ tsp salt, and ¾ cup sugar.
2) In a medium bowl, whisk together 3 tbsp Greek yogurt, 4 tbsp butter, and 1 egg until smooth. Add 1 tsp vanilla, ¾ cup orange juice, 1 tbsp orange zest, and 3 tbsp applesauce, and whisk until smooth.
3) Add the orange mixture to the flour mixture and stir gently to incorporate. Add ½ cup dried cranberries and ½ cup chopped pecans, and gently stir until evenly distributed.
4) Pour batter in a parchment lined Suvie pan and spread into the corners and edges with a spatula. Insert the pan into the bottom zone of your Suvie, input settings, and cook now.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Bake at 325°F for 35 minutes
Top Zone: None
5) Remove cranberry bread from Suvie and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
6) While the bread is cooling, in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, mix together ½ cup salted butter, 1 tbsp orange zest, and 1 tbsp honey on medium speed until combined, about 2 minutes. Remove cranberry bread from pan and serve with salted orange honey butter.
Nutritional Information per serving (12 servings per recipe): Calories 293, Total Fat 14g, Total Carbohydrates 37.7g, Total Sodium 263.1mg, Total Protein 3.6g