Not only is this colorful showstopper a feast for your eyes, but it’s also packed with tangy and savory goodness! We’ve brought traditional holiday flavors into the mix by sous vide cooking our chicken in this zesty orange and cranberry mixture. While this works great as a “Cook Now” option in your Suvie, another option is to whip this up the night before and let the chicken marinade overnight for a more intense flavor.
Cranberry Orange Chicken
- 2 cups frozen cranberries
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 orange, zested and cut into ¼” thick slices
- ¼ cup, plus 2 tbsp honey2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp thinly sliced shallot
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 8 oz brussel sprouts, cut in half
- 1 cup farro
1) Stir together first 7 ingredients (through garlic) in a medium bowl and pour into gallon-sized vacuum bag. Add chicken thighs to bag and vacuum seal (here’s our DIY vacuum sealing guide). Place chicken in Suvie pan, and load into upper right cooking zone. Cover with water.
2) Add brussel sprouts to a different Suvie pan, drizzle with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Load into upper left cooking zone.
3) Put farro in starch pan and load into bottom right cooking zone.
4) Fill reservoir, enter cook settings and set to Cook Now or Schedule.
My Cook > Multi-Zone Settings
Protein: 155°F, 1 hour
Vegetable: 15 minutes
Starch: 25 minutes
5) After the cook, remove chicken thighs from vacuum bag and pat Suvie pan dry. Lay orange slices on bottom of pan and arrange chicken on top. Pour 1 cup cooking liquid into pan and arrange cranberries around chicken. Return pan to Suvie. Broil chicken and brussels for 10 minutes or until browned.
6) To serve, divide farro and brussel sprouts between plates. Lay two orange slices on farro, top with chicken, and drizzle with sauce.
Alternative Cooking Instructions:
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine cooking liquid ingredients in a medium bowl, stir together, and pour into gallon-sized bag. Let sit in fridge overnight, or at least 4 hours. Pour contents of bag into an 9 x 9 in baking dish and bake 30-45 minutes, until internal temperature of chicken reaches 165°F. Broil 10 minutes on low heat, until chicken skin is golden brown and crispy.
- Place brussel sprouts on a foil lined baking sheet, and drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake 20-30 minutes, until tender. Broil 10 minutes on low heat, until outer leaves are golden brown and crispy.
- In a medium saucepan, add 1 cup farro to 3 cups water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes, until water is absorbed and grains are tender.
- To serve, divide farro and brussel sprouts between plates. Lay two orange slices on farro, top with chicken, and drizzle with sauce.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 801, Total Fat 19g, Total Carbohydrates 121g, Total Sodium 468mg, Total Protein 41g