The secret ingredient in this rich and creamy chicken stew is a touch of Dijon mustard, which adds a pop of flavor and a hint of sharpness that cuts through the cream. We tested this recipe for 2 people, but you could easily make this for 4 by doubling the recipe and splitting between 2 Suvie pans. For a riff on chicken and dumplings, top each serving with a tender, flaky biscuit and sprinkle with herbs; order them directly from Suvie.
Creamy Chicken Stew
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 10 oz boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 ¾ cups chicken broth
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- ½ cup frozen peas, defrosted
- 1 tsp fresh herbs
1) Stir 1 finely chopped onion, 2 finely chopped celery stalks, 1 tbsp vegetable oil, ½ tsp salt, and ½ tsp ground black pepper together in a Suvie pan. Insert into the bottom of your Suvie. Broil vegetables for 15 minutes, stirring halfway through until softened and fragrant.
2) Remove pan from Suvie and add 10 oz chicken thighs and 1 ¾ cups chicken broth. Return pan to the bottom zone of Suvie. Input settings and cook now.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Roast at 350°F for 40 minutes
Top Zone: Roast at 350°F for 0 minutes
3) After the chicken is finished cooking, remove thighs from Suvie pan and transfer to a large bowl. Whisk Dijon mustard, sour cream, and frozen peas to Suvie pan until blended. Return pan to Suvie to keep warm.
4) Once cool enough to handle, finely shred chicken with forks or your hands. Return chicken to Suvie pan, stirring to incorporate. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Divide between bowls and garnish with fresh herbs.
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 290, Total Fat 13g, Total Carbohydrates 11g, Total Sodium 950mg, Total Protein 31g.