Taquitos (literally, mini tacos) are small, cigar-shaped tortillas filled with a combination of protein and cheese. Our tasty taquitos are stuffed with a creamy, cheesy, pulled chicken filling. The filling is made by blending softened cream cheese, Monterey jack cheese, and pulled rotisserie chicken with a hearty combination of seasonings, including chili powder, cumin, garlic, onion, and chipotle hot sauce. The filled taquitos are baked until crisp and topped with chunky bits of cherry tomatoes, avocado, and cilantro, as well as sour cream and lime wedges (for a little squeeze of citrus).
Crispy Chicken and Cheese Taquitos
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups pulled rotisserie chicken
- ¼ cup cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- ½ cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
- ½ tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp chipotle flavored hot sauce
- 6 corn tortillas
- ½ cup halved cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup diced avocado
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
1) Drizzle two Suvie pans with 1 tbsp of olive oil each and place the pans in the top and bottom zones of your Suvie. Roast at 400°F for 10 minutes to heat the oil.
2) Meanwhile, place 2 cups pulled chicken, ¼ cup cream cheese, ½ cup shredded Monterey jack cheese, ½ tsp chili powder, 1 tsp cumin, ½ tsp garlic powder, ½ tsp onion powder, ½ tsp salt, and 1 tbsp hot sauce in a large bowl, and stir to combine.
3) Wrap corn tortillas in paper towels and place in the microwave. Warm tortillas for 30 seconds or until soft. Place 3 tbsp of chicken and cheese filling in the center of each tortilla, and roll into tight cylinders.
4) Once the oil is hot, carefully remove the pans from your Suvie, and add the taquitos, seam-side down. Brush the tops of the taquitos with a little of the hot oil and return to your Suvie. Input settings and cook now.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Roast at 400°F for 15 minutes
Top Zone: Roast at 400°F for 15 minutes
5) After the cook, remove the pans from your Suvie, and transfer the taquitos to a paper towel to drain. Divide the taquitos between plates and top with ½ cup halved cherry tomatoes, ½ cup diced avocado, ¼ cup chopped cilantro, ¼ cup sour cream, and lime wedges.
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 772, Total Fat 50g, Total Carbohydrates 48g, Total Sodium 574mg, Total Protein 37g.