Cod is an incredibly versatile fish and we’ve dressed it up with a cheesy and aromatic coating. To compliment the fish, we’ve added roasted baby bok choy with crunchy leaves and tender hearts as well as brown rice to soak up all of the delicious liquid. For a pop of color and flavor, top your fish with chili crunch oil and bright green scallions. Be sure to add on a couple extra minutes in your top zone roast for thicker cod filets to ensure they are cooked all the way through.
Crusted Cod with Roasted Baby Bok Choy
- 1 cup brown rice
- ⅔ cup plain unsweetened yogurt
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- ⅓ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ⅓ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- ⅔ cup panko bread crumbs
- ⅔ cup chopped scallions, divided
- 1 ¼ lb cod, cut into 4 filets and patted dry
- 2 heads baby bok choy, quartered
- 4 tbsp chili crunch oil
1) Place 1 cup brown rice in the Suvie rice pot (black handles), and place the pot lid on top. Place pot inside the Suvie Starch Cooker on the hot plate, close the door, ensure drain tray is in place, and hit “Cook”.
Suvie Starch Cooker Settings:
Rice, Brown rice, 1 Cup
2) In a medium bowl, mix together ⅔ cup yogurt, 2 tbsp mayonnaise, 2 cloves garlic, ⅓ cup cheddar cheese, ⅓ cup Parmesan cheese, ⅔ cup panko bread crumbs, and ⅓ cup scallions.
3) Add 1 ¼ lb cod filets to a Suvie pan and season with salt and pepper. Cover filets with cheese coating and load pan into the top zone of your Suvie.
4) Add 2 heads baby bok choy to another Suvie pan, drizzle with oil, and season. Load pan into bottom zone of your Suvie, input settings, and cook now.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Roast at 400°F for 15 minutes
Top Zone: Roast at 400°F for 25 minutes
5) After cooking, broil fish and baby bok choy 5-7 minutes, until browned. Fluff rice with a fork. To serve, divide rice between plates and top with fish and baby bok choy. Garnish with chili crunch oil and extra scallions.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 515, Total Fat 23.1g, Total Carbohydrates 41.8g, Total Sodium 1124.5mg, Total Protein 27.1g