Need a quick and easy side dish for your next meal? This garlic bread has got you covered. A simple garlic oil is brushed over store bought pizza dough and then broiled until crisp and fragrant. For even more flavor, grate Parmesan cheese over the bread before the final broil in Step 5.
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes, optional
- 1 lb pizza dough, divided
- 1 tbsp minced fresh parsley, optional
1) Allow pizza dough to sit out at room temperature, covered, for 15-30 minutes to soften.
2) Stir together ¼ cup olive oil, 4 minced garlic cloves, ¼ tsp red pepper flakes, and 1 large pinch kosher salt in a Suvie pan. Place pan in the bottom zone of Suvie and Roast at 400°F for 10 minutes or until garlic is fragrant. Remove pan from Suvie and transfer oil to a heatproof bowl.
3) Spray 2 Suvie pans with cooking spray. Press and stretch each piece of dough into a rough rectangle. Place dough into prepared Suvie pans, pressing and stretching the dough into the corners of the pans. (If dough snaps back or is too difficult to work with let dough sit for another 15 minutes; the warmer the dough the more pliant it will be.)
4) Place pans in Suvie. Input settings and cook now. After 15 minutes, carefully flip dough over, return pan to Suvie and continue to cook for 10 more minutes, watching closely to avoid over charring.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Roast at 450°F for 25 minutes (for Suvie 2.0, Broil for 25 minutes)
Top Zone: Roast at 450°F for 25 minutes (for Suvie 2.0, Broil for 25 minutes)
5) Remove pans from your Suvie and drizzle garlic oil over each piece of dough. Return pans to your Suvie and broil until garlic is fragrant, about 4-9 minutes (watch closely as this step goes fast!).
6) Remove pans from Suvie, transfer garlic bread to a cutting board and cut into slices. Top with herbs, if using.
Nutritional Information per serving (16 servings per recipe): Calories 130, Total Fat 5g, Total Carbohydrates 20g, Total Sodium 180mg, Total Protein 3g.