This basic recipe can be adapted or altered based on your preferences or whatever you have in the pantry. We love the combination of sweet cranberries, salty feta, and crunchy almonds, but feel free to adjust as needed, or omit altogether to make plain farro.
How to Cook Farro in Suvie: Cranberry, Almond, Feta, Farro Salad
- 1 cup pearled farro
- 2 tbsp dried cranberries
- 2 tbsp crumbled feta
- 2 tbsp sliced almonds
1) Select “Cook” on the main screen of the appliance and select “Grains”. Select “Farro” from the options listed. Select “1 Cup”.
2) Pour 1 cup farro and 2 tsp salt into the Suvie strainer insert in the pasta pot. Place the lid on the pot.
3) Lift the door to the Suvie Starch Cooker, place the pot on the hot plate, and then close the door.
4) Fill the water reservoir located on the top of the Suvie Starch Cooker to the line indicated on the display screen. Ensure the drain tray is in place and select “Cook” or “Schedule”.
5) Carefully remove the drain tray and pour off the water. Remove strainer insert and pour off water from the bottom of the pasta pot. Transfer farro to a bowl with 2 tbsp dried cranberries, 2 tbsp crumbled feta, and 2 tbsp sliced almonds.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 240, Total Fat 6g, Total Carbohydrates 39g, Total Sodium 210mg, Total Protein 8g.