The Suvie starch cooker makes perfect rice whether you’re making brown rice, wild rice, or jasmine rice. The rice below makes enough rice to serve 4 people. Want to spice up your rice with some extra flavorings? Check out our guide to learn how.
How to Cook Rice in the Suvie Starch Cooker: Cilantro Lime
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped, optional
- ½ tsp fresh lime zest, optional
- 2 tsp fresh lime juice, optional
1) Select “Cook” on the main screen of the appliance and select “Rice”. Select jasmine rice from the options listed.
2) Pour 1 cup jasmine rice into the Suvie rice pot with ¼ tsp kosher salt. Place the pot lid on top of the pot.
3) Lift the door to the Suvie Starch Cooker, place the pot on the hot plate, and then close the door.
4) Fill the water reservoir located on the top of the Suvie Starch Cooker to the line indicated on the display screen. Ensure the drain tray is in place and select “Cook” or “Schedule”.
5) After your rice is done cooking, stir in ¼ cup cilantro, ½ tsp lime zest, 2 tsp fresh lime juice if desired. Season to taste with salt and serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 180, Total Fat 0g, Total Carbohydrates 55g, Total Sodium 160mg, Total Protein 4g.