This slow cooked version of Italian Sausage and Gnocchi soup is packed with enough hearty bites of meat, vegetables, and pasta to tackle any appetite. Baby bella mushrooms and dark leafy greens give this recipe a garden fresh feel while soft pillowy gnocchi and savory sausage bring a rich lusciousness to coat your spoon. Enjoy this soup as soon as it’s done with a crusty loaf or add it into your meal prep rotation for later in the week when the flavors have had a chance to meld together for an even tastier bowl!
Italian Sausage and Gnocchi Soup
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup roughly chopped leeks
- ½ cup roughly chopped celery
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 lb mild Italian sausage
- 8 oz baby bella mushrooms, quartered
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (14.5 oz) can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- ½ tbsp dried oregano
- ½ tbsp dried parsley
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 lb dried gnocchi
- 1 ½ cups roughly chopped kale
- 1 ½ cups roughly chopped swiss chard
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 lemons, cut into wedges
1) Divide 2 tbsp olive oil, 1 cup leeks, ½ cup celery, and 2 cloves garlic between two Suvie pans and stir. Place pans in Suvie and broil 15-20 minutes, until fragrant.
2) Divide 1 lb Italian sausages, 8 oz baby bella mushrooms, 4 cups chicken broth, 1 can fire roasted diced tomatoes, ½ tbsp oregano, ½ tbsp parsley, 2 bay leaves, 1 lb dried gnocchi, 1 ½ cups kale, 1 ½ cups swiss chard, 1 tsp kosher salt, and ½ tsp ground black pepper between two Suvie pans, stirring to incorporate. Place pans in Suvie. Input settings and cook now.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Slow Cook High for 2 hours
3) Remove pans from Suvie and transfer sausages to a cutting board. Slice sausages into 1/4” rounds, and then stir back into the soup.
4) Season the soup to taste with salt and pepper, and divide between bowls. Top each bowl with the juice from 1 lemon wedge and 1 tbsp Parmesan cheese, and serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (8 servings per recipe): Calories 384, Total Fat 18.4g, Total Carbohydrates 37.3g, Total Sodium 1023.5g, Total Protein 16.6g