This healthy, tasty, family-friendly meal packs a huge protein and veggie punch. This dinner comes together at lightning speed giving you the chance to hang out with your family rather than scrambling to get dinner on the table. We use one lemon in two ways for this dish: the juice to season the spinach and lemon slices to give the chicken breast an acidic kick. As always if you have family members who don’t like spice you can omit the red pepper flakes or add them to each person’s plate based on their spicy tolerance. For even faster prep, make sure to use our pre-seasoned, vacuum-sealed chicken breast available in our protein box!
Lemon Chicken with Orzo
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast (4 pkg chicken breast from protein box)
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 cup frozen spinach
- 1 cup orzo
- 1 lemon
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes, optional
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¾ cup parmesan, divided
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper, then place in a vacuum seal bag with 1 tbsp olive oil. Vacuum seal, then place in Suvie pan and fill with water. Load into upper right zone.
- Place spinach in a Suvie pan and load into upper left zone. Pour orzo and 2 tsp salt into starch pan and load into starch zone. Fill reservoir, enter cook settings and cook now or schedule.
My Cook > Multi-Zone Settings
Protein: 155 degrees, 1 hour
Vegetable: 10 minutes
Starch: 8 minutes
- During the, cook cut the lemon in half. Juice ½ of the lemon and cut the other half into slices. Combine lemon juice, remaining 1 tbsp olive oil, red pepper flakes, garlic, and ½ cup parmesan in a small bowl. Set aside until cook is finished.
- After the cook, remove all pans from Suvie. Drain excess water from both spinach and chicken pans. Stir the lemon juice mixture into the spinach and insert back into upper left side of Suvie.
- Remove chicken from vacuum-sealed bag(s), pat dry and return to Suvie pan. Arrange lemon slices on top of the chicken. Insert into upper right zone of Suvie. Broil the spinach (vegetable) for 10 minutes and the chicken (protein) for 7 minutes, stirring and rotating halfway through the broil.
- To serve, toss the orzo with the spinach, season to taste with salt and pepper then spoon onto plates. Top with remaining ¼ cup parmesan cheese. Cut the chicken into slices and serve with the browned lemon slices on top of the orzo-spinach.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 350, Total Fat 13g, Total Carbohydrates 16.7g, Total Sodium 122mg, Total Protein 42.1g