Looking for a delicious dinner that also makes great leftovers for lunch? This meal has got the power to go the distance thanks to hearty lentils, beans, chicken breast, and an array of crunchy toppings. A mixture of scallions, almonds, capers, Parmesan, and parsley add multifaceted flavor that will last all week. This recipe can easily be doubled to serve more folks.
Lentil Salad with Herbed Chicken Breast
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp olive oil, plus ⅓ cup olive oil, separated
- 1 cup beluga lentils
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup almonds, chopped
- 1 tbsp capers, drained and rinsed
- 2 oz thinly shaved Parmesan cheese
- ⅓ cup finely chopped parsley
1) Season 2 chicken breasts with 1 tsp kosher salt, ½ tsp ground black pepper, 2 tsp dried oregano, 2 sprigs thyme, and 1 tsp lemon zest. Place chicken and 1 tbsp olive oil in a vacuum bag and seal. Place in a Suvie pan, cover with water and place in the bottom zone of Suvie. Input settings and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Sous vide at 155°F for 1 hour
Top Zone: None
2) Place 1 cup beluga lentils in the Suvie starch strainer set within the Suvie pasta pot (green handles). Place lid on pot and place inside the Suvie Starch Cooker, ensuring the pot is centered on the hot plate. Input settings and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Starch Cooker
Pasta, 1 cup, 20 minutes
3) Meanwhile, prepare the dressing. In a jar with a tight fitting lid combine ⅓ cup olive oil, 1 tsp Dijon mustard, 2 tbsp lemon juice, ¼ tsp salt. Set aside.
4) In a large bowl, stir together 1 can rinsed chickpeas, 2 sliced scallions, ¼ cup chopped almonds, 1 tbsp capers, 2 oz Parmesan cheese, and ⅓ cup chopped parsley.
5) After the chicken has finished cooking, transfer to a cutting board and cut into cubes or slices. Drain lentils and add to the bowl with the chickpea mixture and chicken. Pour reserved dressing over the salad, seasoning with salt and pepper to taste. Divide between bowls and serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 770, Total Fat 38g, Total Carbohydrates 52g, Total Sodium 990mg, Total Protein 58g.