Savor the crunch of our Crispy Kung Pao Chicken with Crunchy Peanuts! This Chinese American takeout classic stars bites of juicy panko-crusted chicken tossed with bell peppers and onions in a sweet and savory stir-fry sauce spiked with optional red pepper flakes. Top it with toasted peanuts, serve over white rice, and dive in.
Meal Card: Crispy Kung Pao Chicken
- 1 – 2 packets General Tso’s Sauce
- 1 – 2 packages White Rice
- 1 – 2 packages Breaded Chicken
- 1 – 2 packages Peppers & Onions
- 1 – 2 packages Peanuts
- 1 – 2 packets Red Pepper Flakes
1) Place General Tso’s sauce in a bowl of hot water for 2-3 minutes to thaw. Place white rice package in the fridge to thaw.
2) Open chicken and place on the roasting rack (handles facing up) in a Suvie pan. Place chicken in the Top Zone of Suvie
3) Before opening, tap peppers & onions package against the countertop to break up any large pieces and add to a separate Suvie pan. Cut open General Tso’s sauce and pour on top of the peppers & onions. Add red pepper flakes to taste (you may not need the whole package). Place in the Bottom Zone of Suvie.
4) Input settings and cook now or schedule. Be sure to select “Yes” when asked if cooking from frozen.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Roast at 300°F for 15 minutes
Top Zone: Roast 375°F for 15 minutes (for 4 servings, roast for 20 minutes)
5) Remove both pans from Suvie. Carefully transfer the breaded chicken to the pan with peppers and onions and stir to coat with the sauce. Add the peanuts and return pan to Top Zone of Suvie.
6) Remove the roasting rack from the pan that had the chicken. Cut open the package of white rice and add to the pan. Stir in 2 tbsp (4 tbsp for 4 servings) water and season to taste with salt. Place in the Bottom Zone of Suvie. Confirm 10 minute broil times, and cook.
7) Remove both pans from Suvie. Fluff the white rice with a fork. Divide rice between plates and top with the Kung Pao Chicken.
Nutritional Information per serving (2-4 servings per recipe): Calories 680, Total Fat 21g, Total Carbohydrates 92g, Total Sodium 2030mg, Total Protein 31g.