Perk up your weeknight dinners with our umami-packed Orange Beef. Tender strips of beef are coated in a sticky and savory orange sauce, tossed with peppers and onions, then plated over white rice with a sprinkle of sesame seeds. Don’t miss out on this Chinese-American favorite!
Meal Card: Orange Beef with Peppers and Onions
- 1 – 2 packets Orange Sauce
- 1 – 2 packages Stir Fry Beef
- 1 – 2 packages Peppers & Onions
- 1 – 2 packages White Rice
- 1 – 2 packets Sesame Seeds
1) Place orange sauce in a bowl of hot water for 2-3 minutes to thaw.
2) Open stir fry beef and place in a Suvie pan. Before opening, tap peppers & onions package against the countertop to break up any large pieces. Open and place around the beef. Cut open orange sauce and pour on top of the beef, peppers, and onions. Place pan in the Top Zone of Suvie.
3) Gently tap white rice package against the counter to break up any large pieces. Pour rice into a second Suvie pan and season with 2 tbsp (4 tbsp for 4 servings) water, 1 tbsp (2 tbsp for 4 servings) olive oil or butter (optional), and 1/4 (½ for 4 servings) tsp salt. Place pan in Bottom Zone of Suvie.
4) Input settings and cook now or schedule. Be sure to select “Yes” when asked if cooking from frozen.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Roast at 300°F for 8 minutes
Top Zone: Roast at 350°F for 15 minutes (for 4 servings, Roast for 22 minutes)
5) After cooking, remove beef from Suvie, leaving white rice in Suvie to keep warm. Use two forks to separate the beef and stir into the sauce. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Return pan to Suvie.
6) Confirm 10 minute broil time for the beef, and cook.
7) Remove both pans from Suvie. Fluff white rice with a fork and season to taste with salt and pepper. Divide rice between plates and top with the orange beef. Garnish with sesame seeds.
Nutritional Information per serving (2-4 servings per recipe): Calories 830, Total Fat 23g, Total Carbohydrates 96g, Total Sodium 1500mg, Total Protein 57g.