This classic Chinese-American dish is a takeout staple brimming with savory beef and green beans bathed in a rich stir fry sauce. A flavorful combination of brown sugar, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, and ginger makes up this multifaceted sauce, which is served over a bed of tender rice.
Mongolian Beef with Jasmine Rice
- 1- 2 packets stir fry sauce
- 1- 2 packages stir fry beef
- 1- 2 packages green beans
- 1- 2 packages white rice
1) Place stir fry sauce in a bowl of hot water for 2-3 minutes to thaw.
2) Open stir fry beef and place in a Suvie pan. Before opening, tap green bean package against the countertop to break up any large pieces. Open and place around the beef. Cut open stir fry sauce and pour on top of the green beans and beef. Place pan in the Top Zone of Suvie.
3) Gently tap white rice package against the counter to break up any large pieces. Pour into a second Suvie pan and season with 2 tbsp (4 tbsp for 4 servings) water, 1 tbsp (2 tbsp for 4 servings) olive oil or butter (optional), and 1/4 tsp (½ for 4 servings) salt. Place pan in Bottom Zone of Suvie.
4) Input settings and cook now or schedule. Be sure to select “Yes” when asked if cooking from frozen.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Roast at 300°F for 8 minutes (for 4 servings, Roast for 8 minutes)
Top Zone: Roast at 350°F for 15 minutes (for 4 servings, Roast for 22 minutes)
5) After cooking, remove beef and green beans from Suvie, leaving white rice pan in Suvie to keep warm.
6) Use two forks to separate the beef and stir into the sauce and green beans. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Return pan to Suvie. Confirm 10 minute broil time for the beef, and cook.
7) Remove both pans from Suvie. Fluff the white rice with a fork and season to taste. Divide rice between plates and top with the Mongolian Beef.
Nutritional Information per serving (2-4 servings per recipe): Calories 700, Total Fat 26g, Total Carbohydrates 54g, Total Sodium 1130mg, Total Protein 57g.