This guide will help you prepare a delicious meal using your sous vide ready steaks and sauces. First we break down the best method for cooking your steak and heating up your sauces in Suvie. Then we provide recommendations for vegetables, grains, and pastas that pair perfectly with your steaks and chef-crafted sauces. Lastly, we suggest our favorite combinations of sauces, vegetables, and starches to pair with your steak to build a complete meal.
Order your vacuum-sealed steaks and gourmet sauces directly from Suvie.
Please note that when using the sous vide mode in your Suvie we always recommend using the bottom zone. Because sous vide uses precise temperature control, it is important to cook in the bottom zone so that rising heat does not impact the temperature of the water in the top zone. You can sous vide in the top zone, but keep in mind that the temperature in this zone may be slightly higher than in the bottom zone. For more information on temperature and cooking times for steak, click here.
1) Place vacuum-sealed steaks into a Suvie pan and cover with water.
2) Insert the pan into the bottom zone of your Suvie. Input the following settings, and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Sous Vide at 135°F for 30 minutes (or up to 2 hours)
3) After the cook, remove the steaks from their packaging and pat dry thoroughly. Set the top zone to Reheat Mode for 15 minutes. Pour sauce* into a Suvie pan and insert into the top zone of Suvie to heat while searing your steaks.
4) Heat 1 tbsp vegetable oil in a large cast iron or heavy-bottom skillet over high heat until just smoking. Add the steaks to the skillet in an even layer and sear for 1 minute on each side until browned. Transfer to a cutting board set aside.
5) Slice steaks against the grain and serve with your selected sauce, or read on to learn how you can add your own vegetables and starches to build a complete meal.
*We recommend heating the Thai Coconut, Cilantro Lime, Lemon Herb, Marinara, Pesto, and Vodka Sauce in your Suvie. The Teriyaki, BBQ, Garlic Herb Butter, and Honey Mustard Glazes taste best at room temperature; drizzle these sauces directly onto the steaks just before serving.
Vegetable and Starch Suggestions (not included in your order)
Looking to round out your steak and sauce selections to create a complete meal? We have a roundup of all our favorite vegetables and starches that pair best with our delicious steaks.
The best way to cook vegetables in your Suvie is to use the Broil or Roast Modes. Toss 10-12 oz (about 2 cups) vegetables with 1 tbsp olive oil and season to taste with salt and pepper. Place in a Suvie pan and input the following settings based on your vegetable selection.
– Asparagus: Broil for 15 minutes
– Broccoli Florets: Broil for 15 minutes
– Brussels Sprouts, halved: Broil for 20 minutes
– Cauliflower Florets: Broil for 20 minutes
– Green Beans: Roast at 350°F for 20 minutes
– Peppers and Onions, Sliced: Roast at 350°F for 20 minutes
– Snow Peas: Roast at 350°F for 15 minutes
– Zucchini and Summer Squash Slices: Roast at 400°F for 25 minutes
Putting It All Together
Ready to create your meal? Here are our top 4 recommendations for the most delicious steak meals. We supply the sauce and the steak. You provide the vegetables and starches. Follow our cooking instructions above for the steak, vegetables, and sauces; pair them with precooked starches.
Steak Teriyaki with Broccoli and Jasmine Rice
Cilantro Lime Steak with Peppers, Onions, and Jasmine Rice
Garlic Butter Steak with Baby Potatoes and Green Beans
Steak Marinara with Farfalle Pasta and Roast Cauliflower