This pumpkin bread is packed with a variety of spices to evoke all the flavors of fall. Cinnamon and nutmeg add warmth, turmeric adds earthiness, and ginger and black pepper add spiciness. The soft and pillowy pumpkin bread is topped with crunchy walnuts and a sprinkling of sugar for a little texture. If desired, broil slices of pumpkin bread and top with cream cheese for a tangy, spicy, and sweet start to your day.
- 1 (15 oz) can pumpkin puree
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ginger
- ¼ tsp ground turmeric
- ⅛ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp demerara or turbinado sugar
- ½ cup chopped walnuts or pumpkin seeds
1) Grease a Suvie pan and line with parchment paper. In a large bowl whisk together pumpkin puree, vegetable oil, eggs, and granulated sugar until smooth.
2) In a separate large bowl whisk together baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, turmeric, black pepper, and flour.
3) Add pumpkin mixture to flour mixture, stirring until just combined.
Transfer batter to prepared pan, smoothing the top.
Scatter walnuts and turbinado sugar over the top of the bread.
4) Insert pan into your Suvie, input settings, and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Slow Cook High for 1 hour and 30 minutes
5) If desired, broil pumpkin bread for 3-4 minutes until browned.
Remove pan from Suvie and allow to cool for 10 minutes in pan before removing, cutting into slices, and serving.
Note: If you would like to make this recipe in Suvie 1.0, insert pan into the top zones of Suvie, fill reservoir, and set to Slow Cook on High for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
Nutritional Information per serving (8 servings per recipe): Calories 440, Total Fat 20g, Total Carbohydrates 60g, Total Sodium 95mg, Total Protein 7g