Our chimichurri sauce is bright, tangy, and herbaceous. It is the perfect accompaniment to our rich, roast half chickens and hearty cauliflower, peppers, and onions. This carb conscious meal is a decadent and vibrant meal you won’t want to miss.
Roasted Half Chicken with Roast Vegetables
- 1-2 roast half chickens
- 10-20 oz cauliflower florets
- 6-12 oz peppers & onions
- 4-8 oz chimichurri sauce
For 2-person serving
1) Remove chimichurri sauce from freezer and set aside to thaw during the cook. Open roasted chicken half and place in a Suvie pan. Place chicken in the top zone of Suvie.
2) Before opening, gently tap cauliflower, peppers, and onions on the countertop to break up any large pieces. Pour vegetables into a second Suvie pan, and season with 1 tbsp olive oil, ½ tsp salt, and ¼ tsp black pepper. Place vegetables in the bottom zone of Suvie.
For 4-person serving
1) Remove chimichurri sauce from freezer and set aside to thaw during the cook. Before opening, gently tap cauliflower, peppers, and onions on the countertop to break up any large pieces. Divide vegetables between 2 Suvie pans and season each pan with 1 tbsp olive oil, ½ tsp salt, and ¼ tsp black pepper.
2) Remove chickens from packaging and place each on top of the vegetables, nestling them slightly to fit. Place identical pans in the top and bottom of Suvie.
Input settings and cook now or schedule. Be sure to select “Yes” when asked if cooking from frozen.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Roast at 350°F for 15 minutes for 2 servings, 30 minutes for 4 servings
Top Zone: Roast at 350°F for 30 minutes for 2 servings, 30 minutes for 4 servings
3) After the cook, remove pans from Suvie. Transfer half chickens to a cutting board and cut in half; divide halves between plates. Stir vegetables and season to taste with salt and pepper. Divide vegetables between plates with the half chicken. Drizzle chimichurri sauce over each serving.
Nutritional Information per serving (2-4 servings per recipe): Calories 550, Total Fat 36g, Total Carbohydrates 15g, Total Sodium 640mg, Total Protein 37g.