This sausage casserole is a perfect weeknight dinner. Throw some diced bell pepper and onion in one pan, sausage in another and let Suvie cook this delicious meal for you. All that’s left to do is toss it all together with some cheese when Suvie’s finished and you’ve got a crowd-pleasing dinner ready to go. This recipe is also leftover approved! Feel free to use any sausage you like for this recipe but we recommend the Italian sausage from our protein box.
Sausage, Bell Pepper and Rice Casserole
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 bell peppers, diced
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes, optional
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 14.5 oz can fire-roasted tomatoes
- 12 ounces sausage links, or 2 sausage packages from your protein box
- 1 cup brown rice
- ½ cup shredded cheddar, mozzarella or parmesan cheese, divided
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley, for serving
- Combine olive oil, peppers, onion, garlic, red pepper flakes, basil, thyme, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Divide between two Suvie pans and broil for 10 minutes stirring halfway through the broil.
- When the broil is complete combine the two pans into one. Stir in the fire-roasted tomatoes. Load into upper left zone of Suvie. Vacuum seal sausage links, place in a Suvie pan and cover with water. Load pan into upper right side of Suvie. Pour rice into starch pan and load into starch zone. Fill reservoir, enter cook settings and cook now or schedule.
My Cook > Multi-zone Settings
Protein: 160 degrees, 45 minutes
Vegetable: 15 minutes
Starch: 45 minutes
- After the cook, remove all pans from Suvie. Discard water in sausage pan, remove sausages from vacuum-sealed bag. Slice sausages into ½” thick slices. Place sausage slices in a large mixing bowl. Mix in the peppers, rice, and ¼ cup of the cheese. Pour the sausage pepper rice mixture back into a Suvie pan. Cover with the remaining ¼ cup of cheese. Broil for 5 minutes or until cheese is melty and bubbling.
- To serve scoop into bowls and top with chopped parsley.
Nutritional Information per serving ( servings per recipe): Calories 608, Total Fat 33.3g, Total Carbohydrates 47.7g, Total Sodium 1,292mg, Total Protein 44.5g