Scallops are a fantastic date night meal: they’re light, they’re tasty, and surprisingly easy to cook in Suvie! Many people are intimidated by seafood because when it’s overcooked, it’s basically inedible. Luckily, there’s no need for fear with Suvie as our sous vide technology ensures perfectly cooked scallops every time. A tasty, lemon-garlic-butter sauce tossed with linguine is all you need to complete this dish.
Seared Scallops with Lemon Butter Sauce
- 1 lb sea scallops
- 10 oz linguine
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup white wine
- 2 oz grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 small baguette, optional
1) Season 1 lb scallops with salt and pepper. Place scallops and 1 tbsp olive oil in a vacuum bag and seal. Place in Suvie pan and fill with enough water to cover the bag. Place pan in the bottom zone of Suvie. Input settings and cook now or schedule
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Sous Vide at 125°F for 30 minutes
Top Zone: None
2) Break linguine in half and place inside the Suvie starch strainer set within the Suvie pasta pot with 2 tsp salt. Place lid on pot and place inside the Suvie Starch Cooker, ensuring pot is centered on the hot plate. Input settings and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Starch Cooker Settings
Pasta, 4 cups, 10 minutes
3) Just before the cook finishes, prepare the sauce. Heat 3 tbsp butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Once melted, add 3 garlic cloves, 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes, and 1 tsp salt. Saute for 1 minute or until fragrant. Stir in 1 tbsp lemon juice and 1/4 cup white wine. Simmer for 2-3 more minutes.
4) After the cook remove pans from Suvie. Immediately toss pasta with sauce in a large bowl. Drain water from scallops and pat them dry.
5) Wipe out the skillet and melt the remaining tbsp of butter in it over high heat. Sear the scallops on high until browned, about 30 seconds a side. To serve, divide the pasta between plates, top with scallops, then sprinkle Parmesan and parsley to garnish. Serve with bread on the side.