We’ve transformed the beloved spinach artichoke dip into a full-fledged meal, complete with zingy stewed tomatoes. Melty mozzarella and salty parmesan help give this casserole structure, and golden brown breadcrumbs top it all off for a toasty crunch. Kefir brings a tangy creaminess to the dish, but if it’s hard to come by at your local store, use full fat greek yogurt thinned out with 1 tablespoon milk. For easy measuring, seek out bagged frozen spinach instead of the compressed blocks.
Spinach Artichoke Chicken Casserole
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into ½” cubes
- 6 oz rotini pasta, uncooked
- 1 cup roughly chopped frozen spinach
- 1 cup roughly chopped canned artichoke hearts
- 1 cup whole milk kefir
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup shredded parmesan
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 lb cherry tomatoes
- ⅓ cup panko breadcrumbs
1) In a large bowl with a spatula, combine chicken, rotini pasta, spinach, artichoke, kefir, mozzarella, parmesan, garlic, onion, salt and pepper. Add to a Suvie pan and load into upper right cooking zone.
2) Add tomatoes to another Suvie pan and load into upper left cooking zone.
3) Place empty starch pan in lower right cooking zone. Fill reservoir, enter cook settings and set to Cook Now or Schedule.
My Cook > Slow Cook Settings
High, 1 hours 30 minutes
Starch: 0 minutes
4) After the cook, remove casserole and tomatoes from Suvie. Sprinkle breadcrumbs over casserole, drizzle with olive oil, and return to upper right cooking zone. Drizzle olive oil over tomatoes, season, and return to upper left cooking zone. Broil both pans for 10 minutes each.
5) To serve, divide casserole and tomatoes between plates.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 473, Total Fat 21.2g, Total Carbohydrates 25.2g, Total Sodium 1139mg, Total Protein 48.6g