We’ve transformed the beloved spinach artichoke dip into a full-fledged meal, complete with zingy stewed tomatoes. Melty mozzarella and salty parmesan help give this casserole structure, and golden brown breadcrumbs top it all off for a toasty crunch. Kefir brings a tangy creaminess to the dish, but if it’s hard to come by at your local store, use full fat greek yogurt thinned out with 1 tablespoon milk. For easy measuring, seek out bagged frozen spinach instead of the compressed blocks.
Spinach Artichoke Chicken Casserole
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into ½” cubes
- 6 oz rotini pasta, uncooked
- 1 cup roughly chopped frozen spinach
- 1 cup roughly chopped canned artichoke hearts
- 1 cup whole milk kefir
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup shredded parmesan
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 lb cherry tomatoes
- ⅓ cup panko breadcrumbs
1) In a large bowl with a spatula, combine chicken, rotini pasta, spinach, artichoke, kefir, mozzarella, parmesan, garlic, onion, salt and pepper. Add to a Suvie pan and load into your Suvie.
2) Add tomatoes to another Suvie pan.
3) Insert pans into your Suvie, input settings, and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Slow Cook High for 1 hour 30 minutes
4) After the cook, remove casserole and tomatoes from Suvie. Sprinkle breadcrumbs over casserole, drizzle with olive oil, and return to upper right cooking zone. Drizzle olive oil over tomatoes, season, and return to upper left cooking zone. Broil both pans for 10 minutes each.
5) To serve, divide casserole and tomatoes between plates.
Note: If you would like to make this recipe in Suvie 1.0, insert pan into the top zones of Suvie, fill reservoir, and set to Slow Cook on High for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 473, Total Fat 21.2g, Total Carbohydrates 25.2g, Total Sodium 1139mg, Total Protein 48.6g