These sweet and spicy meatballs are a snap to make and are packed with flavor thanks to ample amounts of fresh scallions, punchy ginger, and minced garlic. The multifaceted sauce is composed of pantry ingredients and is equally hot and sweet (if you’re spice averse we recommend reducing the amount of sriracha to 1 tsp). The sauce is so delicious you might want to make a double batch, we’ve been drizzling it over just about everything!
Sweet and Spicy Chicken Meatballs
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- 1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp lime juice or rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 lb ground chicken
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs
- 4 scallions, minced
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 12 oz broccoli florets
- 1 cup jasmine rice
1) In a medium bowl, whisk together 2 tbsp honey, 1 tbsp sriracha, 1 tbsp soy sauce, 2 tsp lime juice, and 1 tbsp sesame oil until smooth.
2) In a separate large bowl, stir together 1 lb ground chicken, ½ cup panko, 4 minced scallions, 1 tsp minced ginger, 2 minced garlic cloves, 1 egg, 2 tbsp sweet and spicy sauce (from Step 1), and ½ tsp kosher salt
3) Roll chicken mixture into 15 meatballs and place in a greased Suvie pan. Place broccoli florets in a second Suvie pan, drizzle with 2 tsp vegetable oil, and season with ¼ tsp salt. Place chicken in the bottom zone and broccoli in the top zone of Suvie. Input settings and cook now.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Roast at 400°F for 25 minutes
Top Zone: Roast at 400°F for 25 minutes
4) Place 1 cup jasmine rice in a Suvie rice pot (black handles) and place inside the Suvie Starch Cooker, ensuring pot is centered on the hot plate. Input settings and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Starch Cooker Settings
Rice, Long Grain Rice, 1 cup
5) Fluff the rice with a fork and divide between plates. Top rice with meatballs and broccoli. Drizzle reserved sauce evenly over each plate and serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 480, Total Fat 15g, Total Carbohydrates 76g, Total Sodium 540mg, Total Protein 29g.